SUPPORT LOCAL SERVICES & BUSINESSES
Tag your actions and encourage others
A circular economy is an alternative to a traditional linear economy (make, use, dispose) in which we keep resources in use for as long as possible, extract the maximum value from them whilst in use, then recover and regenerate products and materials at the end of each service life.
It is also the concept of localising and re-spending money within a defined community or area. The combination of both a circular economy that recycles money through a community while is also recycling and repurposing materials in a community is a powerful vision for our future.
Below is a list of ideas to nurture a circular economy in our area.
- Utilise and promote your local businesses and services.
- Use your local business directory (MyVillage Directory).
- Encourage community referrals.
- Encourage up-cycling business that can turn waste streams into income streams.
- Encourage and promote internships programs (Seta), like sous chefs and grooms.
- Encourage and promote your community markets .
- Develop small businesses to meet local needs (examples: composting business, chutney making, re-purposing old clothes).
- Create a circular economy co-ordinator, who can help connect businesses and direct local economy activity.
- Destination marketing platform focused on tourism.
- Regular market or festival style events.
- High-speed connectivity.
- Permaculture across the valley.
- Agri-tourism & agri-business development.
- Small ”unplugged” public transport friendly business hub.
- Develop and populate a distinct Noordhoek brand that can be marketed to visitors.