Tag your actions and encourage others
Spatial planning plays a critical role in defining Noordhoek’s development principles, strategies and guidelines. Through Noordhoek 2030 we noted the following key aspects to bolster and influence Noordhoek’s current and future spatial planning.
- Identify key people i.e. decision makers
- Form relationships with decision makers (private/public land-owners)
- Develop a Noordhoek guide to “green” building & growing
- Establish potential bicycle parking areas
- Investigate heritage sites and routes
- Research Sports Fields/NRA – leases, ownership, shared activity, opportunities outside gyms
- Develop physical pathways for riding, cycling, running, walking, pathways to the beach etc
- Restrict heavy vehicles on Ou Kaapse Weg through designated times and lay-byes
- Develop and approve an updated Local Spatial Development Plan including private, municipal & SAN Parks land.
- Protect the Common in perpetuity
- Locals to obtain free / significant discounts for use of Chapmans Peak