This is a working document, for ideas for the development of The Hub.
- Connect people to solve problems
- Connect people to enjoy Noordhoek
- Connect people to deliver the Communities vision, in the physical environment and emotional realm
- Help to set the tone and culture for Noordhoek
It is absolutely essential that the following goals are achieved:
- The Hub remains fully inclusive – every voice is welcome.
- The tone is one of positive contribution, and together you can make a difference and shape a future
- 80% of Noordhoek community become registered on the site
- All community initiated activities and groups, that are for public interest or desire community support are communicated and managed through The Hub
To do and/consider:
- A shared community fund is developed. R200/year from each person in the community = R400 000 to R1 million a year to support community initiatives
- The following tools get added to a group
- Fundraising tool and management
- Task management tool (e.g. basecamp type thing)
- a survey tool
- Should forums be active for the site? for the group? or should this be a push platform, that simply stores information and updates people (i.e. admin from groups can post)
- how should the FB Noordhoek Community Forum link up with it?
- The essence of Noordhoek content; what does it include, and what does it exclude (like a brand value proposition) (include: horses, open spaces, safe, polite, slow down, exclude: develop the common, subdivide large plots, rezoning to commercial etc.)
- How should already formed groups be approached, and encouraged to use this platform instead of or in conjunction with their existing communication platforms
- The ability to invite others to join via email or facebook.
- A “Local Business Supplier” button where anyone who is local can provide their number for potential work and/or numbers names of companies that are frequently used in the valley.
- A primary news/information screen on main page.
- A “History/Maps/Info” main navigation menu.
Website promo items and content complete:
- Improve Community Operating model through design to include all elements: http://www.thenoordhoekhub.com/get-involved/
- create emotive video content
- create emotive imagery to encourage participation
- create emotive blogs to encourage participation
The Launch and Registration:
- Great news, is that Guy (from the Village Roast) is keen to have a screen up at the Village Roast, as a ‘registration’ point – I’m sure we could convince him to randomly award a free coffee after every 20 registrations of something. I will chat to him.
- Forum activity
- Who can do what
- verification of address – all members must live in Noordhoek. Requires a process