SWITCH OFF AND RECONNECT IN NOORDHOEK
(Tag your posts and encourage others)
As one travels over the top of Ou Kaapse Weg there is a stretch of road where mobile phone signal is non-existent. Unplugged from the world behind, all you are left with is your wandering thoughts, a meandering mountain road, the sound of the wind and breathtaking views of Silvermine reserve. Welcome home.
Noordhoek Unplugged is our manifesto, the poem that reminds us why we choose to live where we do. To nurture and protect this unique quality we developed the following ideas.
- Expand and promote our mountain bike routes.
- Explore the creation of a Noordhoek Beach & Mountain Triathlon.
- Promote Noordhoek as a surfing destination.
- Develop a guide to our ‘Wild Neighbours’ (Birding Hide, Urban Caracals…) to make people aware and responsible for their.
- Develop a map of walkways for visitors to be able to freely and safely use our open spaces.
- Don’t destroy our image with tacky commercial signs. All signs should conform to a guideline that promotes the best aspects of Noordhoek.
- Establish an events calendar
- Enable and encourage all those who live, and do business here, to compliment and add to the “Unplugged” image and way of life
- Noordhoek Unplugged Festival that incorporates music, arts, food, wine, craft beer, sports, yoga, horse & beach events across the Valley.
- Yearly market/exhibition on the common that incorporates all the elements of our community.
- Guide for the Unplugged routes for cyclists and walkers.
- A new beach route for horses & pedestrians.
- Electric or pedal tuk-tuks for intra Noordhoek travel & deliveries.
- Preservation of our beach and our common in their natural state without any development or commercialisation.
- Define Brand Noordhoek as a place to live and visit to unwind and relax. Soul food. (Nature, Families, Long Stay, Good Food, Good Times, Authentic, Rural, Easy, Simple, Outdoor Activities,Experiences abound within short travel distances)